Cars are a modern necessity. It is not practical for most people to live within walking distance of all of the services they need and the places they need to go on a daily basis. If you want to go to work, entertainment or shopping, most people need to drive their car. Busses can help you get around some of Nebraska’s larger cities such as Omaha or Lincoln but they can be inconvenient and take a lot of time. In Nebraska, we do not have the mass transit systems that larger cities have. Busses may not even go everywhere you need to go.
The convenience of being able to drive wherever you want to go at any time comes at a cost. Motor vehicles are dangerous. They are a leading cause of injuries and death, especially among younger people.
As a Nebraska Personal Injury Lawyer, Steven A. Montag has dealt successfully with many types of auto injuries and disabilities. If you have a back injury, an injury to a joint, a broken bone or even a head injury, the Montag Law Office can help. My office deals with the entire range of injuries. Any time that you have been injured badly enough to require a significant amount of medical treatment you should consider hiring an accident lawyer. In that situation, it would not set things straight just to pay the bills.
You Should Hire an Omaha Nebraska Injury Lawyer
If you have been hurt in a motor vehicle accident that was not your fault, you probably have a negligence claim against the at-fault driver and you may be entitled to compensation. You probably wish your auto accident injury had never happened. We can’t change things that have already happened but we can help you get the money you deserve to compensate you for your pain and suffering. As your injury lawyer, I will fight hard to get a good settlement for your auto injury claim. If an insurance company does not want to give you a fair settlement that pays all of your medical expenses and gives you good money for your pain and suffering, we may decide to take your case to court. We will do whatever it takes to get you the money you deserve for your medical bills, lost income or loss of earning capacity as well as compensation for your pain and suffering. If you have suffered a permanent disfiguring or disabling injury you need to get significant compensation, especially if you have the responsibility of supporting a family and your ability to earn income is harmed.
Good Practices to Help You be a Safe Driver
Driving a car will always involve some risk of injury. Being a careful defensive driver can reduce the risk. Following is a list of things to think about the next time you get behind the wheel.
- Keep your car in good repair – Have your tire tread depth checked on a regular basis. Have your brakes checked every time you rotate your tires. Changing brake shoes or pads before they fail saves money in addition to preventing a dangerous brake failure. You should also pay attention to all manufacturer recalls for your car. Recalls often involve safety items such as airbags, seat belts or fire hazards.
- Use Seatbelts – Seat belts can reduce the severity of injuries and the likelihood of death in a serious front-end collision. They keep you from being ejected from the car. Even most of the older cars on the road have seat belts.
- Do Not Drive Impaired – Drinking and drugs, including many prescriptions, may affect your ability to drive safely.
- Pay Attention to Speed Limits – Speed limits are usually carefully chosen depending on the hazards of a particular road. You put yourself at risk by speeding and imperil others around you.
- Stay Alert for Hazardous Conditions – Maintain a proper lookout. The proper speed to drive depends on road and weather conditions. Keep alert for pedestrians and children who may not be very safety conscious and who may unexpectedly run in front of traffic. Motorcycles are smaller and often harder to see than cars or trucks.
Call the Montag Law Office for a Free Consultation – Steven Montag (Your Omaha Nebraska Injury Lawyer) has been defending the rights of injured people in Nebraska since 1998. He has helped thousands of people injured in motor vehicle accidents get the compensation they deserve. The Montag Law office stands up for the rights of people who have been seriously injured or disabled and made his clients millions of dollars. If you have been injured in a motor vehicle accident and you want to see if you have a good case, call Steven A. Montag for a free case evaluation. My office is dedicated to helping injured people from all over Nebraska including Omaha and Lincoln.