Advice from Steven Montag – Nebraska Automobile Injury Lawyer
Were you recently injured in a Nebraska motor vehicle accident? Car accidents and other motor vehicle collisions are the most frequent cause of serious personal injuries. When an injury is a result of an accident that is your own fault there is usually no way for you or your attorney to obtain compensation. The situation is a lot different when someone else has caused your auto accident.
You can only expect to be compensated for your injuries by settling with an insurance company or by successfully litigating and getting a favorable court judgment when negligence can be proven. One of the only times that you might be able to be compensated without a situation involving another person’s negligence is when you get injured at work. This article will assume that you have been injured as a result of the negligence of another driver rather than a work-related injury.
You deserve to be paid appropriate compensation when you have been harmed as a result of another person’s negligence while driving a vehicle.
A driver’s actions must be evaluated using the Nebraska statutes to determine adherence to the rules of the road. When drivers violate traffic laws they breach their duty to operate their required degree of care. When a driver’s breach of his or her responsibilities to drive a vehicle safely and in accordance with traffic regulations results in harm to another person or property, negligence has occurred. If the injuries are serious, it is time to seek appropriate compensation.
Each case is different. Often many factors come together to cause an accident. Even after many years of practice we often see new and surprising situations. Steven A. Montag’s (A Nebraska Auto Injury Lawyer) has been exclusively devoted to handling motor vehicle accident injury claims since 1998. The Montag Law Office has helped thousands of people obtain the compensation they deserve. If you have been injured in a Nebraska accident, you should give me a call. I can be the tough, compassionate advocate that you need on your side.
Our Montag Law Office Nebraska automobile injury attorney has handled many kinds of motor vehicle accidents.
There are many causes of car accidents. Following are some of the ways that drivers negligently cause accidents.
- Reckless and Aggressive Driving – Reckless and aggressive drivers cause many accidents. Try to avoid them if possible. It is better to yield even if you have the right of way to avoid an accident. Especially avoid responding aggressively to another driver. Road rage is very common and you can never expect to be compensated if you contributed to a road rage incident in any way.
- Speeding is a major cause of accidents – The posted speed limits are normally carefully determined. Drivers need to always stay alert to their surroundings. Residential areas, business districts, and highways have very different speed limits.
- Drugs and alcohol – Drivers who are impaired by drugs or alcohol cause many accidents. They are a particular concern after 2:00 a.m., bar closing time in Nebraska.
- Texting and Cellular Telephones – Cellular telephones are a major distraction. If you need to use your telephone, it is best to have a Blue Tooth radio that will allow you to use the telephone hands-free. Texting should never be attempted while driving. If you want to text, pull over and park safely off of the road before you start. Other distractions can include eating or even talking especially arguing with your passengers.
- Road Hazards – Road hazards such as constructions are dangerous. Whenever road work is being done, the area must be clearly marked to make them visible. Also, construction equipment and materials can obstruct a driver’s view.
It is important to hire the right attorney to represent you
Applying Nebraska traffic laws to many situations can be very complex. It is important for a Nebraska injury victim to retain a highly trained and experienced lawyer for effective representation. The Montag Law Office has served thousands of people and made them millions of dollars. Steven A. Montag is available at almost any time to discuss your accident. Evening and weekend calls are welcome. Call right away. Initial consultations are free so there is no reason to see if you have a case and start benefitting from my service. Montag Law can help you get the compensation you deserve
Following is a list of things that you should be compensated for
- Vehicle or other property damage is usually paid for soon after the accident – My office helps with the property claims for all of our injury clients free of charge. You do not make money for pain and suffering for your car. You just get paid the cost of repairs or for the fair market value of a totaled vehicle.
- Medical Bills – All bills for necessary treatment related to an accident should be paid in full.
- Lost Wages – If you have to miss time from work, you shouldn’t lose income.
- Pain and Suffering – Injuries cause pain and suffering as well as a lot of hassle and inconvenience. When you are hurting and have to go to a lot of trouble to recover from your injuries, it would not set things straight to just pay the bills.
- Future Medical Treatment – If practical, it is usually best to wait until medical treatment is complete to finish a claim. However, sometimes a long-term or permanent injury exists that will require future treatment. In that situation, a settlement or judgment must include appropriate compensation for your long-term injury.
- Wrongful Death – Unfortunately, traffic accidents are a leading cause of death, especially for young people. When someone is killed in an accident, especially when they are a parent or a breadwinner, the rest of the family will need as much compensation as they can get.
Reasons to choose the Montag Law Office
Steven Montag understands the complexities of Nebraska injury law. My office conducts thorough investigations. We collect the evidence needed to prove your claim. We deal with doctors and medical experts. Let Steven Montag put his experience to work for you. A call to the Montag Law Office would be a good move toward making a successful injury claim after your car accident.