Your Personal Injury Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Death and/or extremely serious injuries frequently happen when a negligent driver slams into a motorcycle. Steven A. Montag, motorcycle accident attorney, can help innocent Nebraska motorcycle accident victims obtain fair compensation from the negligent driver’s insurance company.
Common Motorcycle Crash Injuries
Without the protective external framework of other vehicles, motorcycle crashes are far more likely to result in serious injury. Among the frequent motorcycle injuries are:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Broken bones
- Internal injury
- Spinal injury
Seeking fair compensation for motorcycle accident victims is complicated. Our motorcycle accident lawyer at Montag Law can help you to bring together all of the factors applicable to your crash. Some internal injuries can take months to become obvious. A quick settlement could prevent you from obtaining the compensation that reflects the full extent of your injuries.
Evidence In Support Of Claims
Applicable evidence in your crash might include witness statements, medical records, and photographs of the accident scene in addition to photos of your injuries.
Stereotypes Endanger Claims
Unfortunately, there are stereotypes existing which suggest that motorcycle drivers are careless and prone to aggressive driving behavior. Insurance companies often use these stereotypes to their advantage, trying to pin all or part of the blame on the motorcyclist. This can greatly reduce the settlement paid. A top motorcycle accident lawyer Steven A. Montag can stop this ploy and get you the compensation you need to get your life back on track.
Finding fault in a motorcycle accident usually means that one party is determined to have been negligent. Negligent behaviors resulting in accidents include the following:
- Inattentive Driving – Talking on the phone, texting, even changing the radio station while driving all contribute to inattentive driving accidents.
- Driving when you are too sleepy – We’ve all heard the problems with long-haul truck drivers and falling asleep at the wheel. But the problem extends to all drivers. Any driver’s ability to react to hazardous driving situations is dramatically diminished when they haven’t gotten enough sleep.
- Intoxication – Nearly any substance that can impair driving ability can be used against the driver in your claim. Not just alcohol and illegal drugs. Many over the counter drugs can potentially be driver impairing. The alarming number of prescribed drugs Americans are ingesting is ever growing. Many side effects of these different drugs can cause sleepiness, and some central nervous system stimulants can cause overstimulation, which also leads to problematic decision making behind the wheel.
Steven A. Montag is an expert motorcycle accident lawyer and has the knowledge and the years of experience to unravel a complicated and many-faceted claim. Don’t let an insurance company ignore facts and bully you into a bad settlement.
Damages You Might Seek In Your Claim
The financial, physical and emotional health of the accident victim can be affected for many years. Your personal injury attorney can help you to account for all applicable negative effects in your claim. Some of the damages you might be seeking are:
- Medical Expenses – Medical bills can quickly pile up as a result of a motor vehicle accident. Visits to the emergency room and follow up treatment with your personal physician or additional treatment with a Chiropractor or Physical Therapist can leave you stressed.
- Lost Wages – A motor vehicle accident could easily leave you unable to work for an extended amount of time. You are entitled to be reimbursed for the wages you lose due to the fault of another driver.
- Pain And Suffering – Refers to the physical and/or emotional distress related to an accident and the injuries the accident caused. These damages are established by the type of injury and the significance of your trauma.
- Vehicle Repair Or Replacement – The negligent driver’s insurance company will evaluate the condition of your vehicle, and decide if it is repairable or a total loss. If the at-fault driver has no insurance, you will have to make a claim against your own insurance collision coverage. You may need a rental car during the time your car is being repaired. The cost of this would be something you would need reimbursement for.
- Modifications To Your Home Or Vehicle to Accommodate a Disability – Home and vehicle alterations for disabilities can be high-priced. Insurance companies would like to ignore these costs in a settlement. Suppose you or a loved one was permanently disabled in an accident and now depend upon specialized physical or medically necessary equipment or even alterations to your home or vehicle? You will need the advice and guidance of a personal injury attorney to help you secure an appropriate settlement or court judgment.
Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Case Deadlines
The timely filing of your claim is important. The sooner you hire an accident injury lawyer, the better. A knowledgeable attorney will help you preserve your claim by filing a court case when necessary and avoid problems with the applicable statute of limitations.
Contact Steven A. Montag, Expert Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
If the negligence of the other driver caused an accident where you were injured, you are entitled to compensation. The experienced team at Montag Law can guide you through the complicated claim process and help you obtain the best possible settlement or judgment.