When A Hit And Run Driver Strikes Your Car, What Kind Of Coverage Will You Need?

What Kind of Coverage Will You Have If a Hit and Run Driver Strikes Your Car? 

If you have been involved in a car accident, you should call your insurance company right away. Having the proper coverage will protect you against unforeseen circumstances, such as a hit-and-run driver. The next step is to gather witness information and write down the contact information of other drivers and passengers involved in the crash. Remember that even small details like who was driving at the time can be important to the police and your lawyer.

(Looking for a Car Accident Attorney? Visit us today!)

Uninsured motorist bodily injury coverage 

If you have uninsured motorist bodily injury coverage, you may be able to recover medical costs and other expenses in the event of a hit-and-run driver. Although the law does not require drivers to carry uninsured motorist bodily injury coverage in every state, it is still important to have this coverage in case of an accident. This coverage pays for medical bills for both the driver and any passengers in the car. 

Personal injury protection coverage is a type of uninsured motorist insurance coverage that pays for medical bills no matter who is at fault in an accident. It may also cover lost wages and childcare costs. This coverage is required by law in some states but is optional in many others. You should also be aware that your uninsured motorist bodily injury coverage may have a deductible. The deductible amount will depend on the circumstances of the accident and the type of coverage you have. 

Collision coverage 

Collision coverage pays for repairs to your car if you are hit by a hit-and-run driver. This type of coverage is optional and usually comes with a deductible. It’s important to remember that collision coverage is different from liability or comprehensive coverage. Your insurance company will likely only pay for repairs if they can find the person responsible for the accident. 

In the event of a hit-and-run, collision coverage will pay for the repairs to your vehicle, up to the policy limits. Your insurance company will also pay for your medical expenses if you have collision coverage. You may need to get collision coverage if you have a car loan or lease. 

A hit-and-run accident is a terrifying experience. Your car might be damaged beyond repair, and you’ll need a good collision insurance policy to cover the costs of medical treatment. You’ll want to write down the details of the incident so you can find out if you were at fault. It’s also a good idea to shop around for collision coverage. You may be able to get this coverage from your current insurance company, but you’ll likely be able to get it at a lower rate elsewhere. 

Property damage liability coverage 

If you were involved in a car accident and the other driver failed to stop, you may be entitled to claim property damage liability coverage. However, the amount of this coverage is limited, and you may not be able to recover the full value of your car. In these situations, you need to consult your insurance policy to determine if you’re covered. A good idea is to have collision coverage, which will pay for damage to other cars in the accident. You may also be eligible for uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage. 

Property damage liability coverage will cover the costs of car repairs and medical expenses incurred by you and the other driver. This type of coverage is optional and may require a deductible. If you don’t have this coverage, you’ll have to pay for the repairs yourself. In some states, however, uninsured motorist property damage coverage will pay for the cost of repairs caused by a hit-and-run driver. In such cases, your insurer may be able to track down the other driver and recover the costs of the repair. Your insurer may also refund your collision deductible. 

When A Hit And Run Driver Strikes Your Car, What Kind Of Coverage Will You Need? | Montag Law Office