How To Handle Hit And Run?

How to Handle Hit and Run Accidents?

When you see a car driving away from a collision, it is easy for your emotions to take over. It is important to stay calm, take deep breaths, and act with a clear mind. Never pursue the at-fault party or flee the scene of the accident. Rather, report the collision and file an uninsured motorist claim.

(Looking for a Car Accident Lawyer? Contact us Today! Click here: Montag Law Office)

Do not follow a fleeing driver

If you see a fleeing driver after a crash, it’s best to avoid chasing them. A fleeing driver may be under the influence of drugs or alcohol. They may also be afraid of being caught. If you can identify the driver, you may be able to obtain a warrant.

If you’ve been hit by a fleeing driver, call 911. They may be able to find the fleeing driver and arrest them for hit and run. Additionally, you’ll get an official police report, which will detail the accident.

Having this report will help you make an insurance claim later.

If you’re in the car, make sure to stay where you are. If the fleeing driver is threatening or attempting to harm you, do not follow them. Contact an experienced hit-and-run lawyer. Most criminal defense attorneys will give you a free consultation.

Report the accident to law enforcement

When dealing with hit-and-run accidents, the best way to protect yourself is to call 911 and report the accident to law enforcement. This way, police can get the full story of the accident and identify the guilty party. They can also interview any witnesses and gather evidence from security cameras. A police report can help prove who was at fault, and it can be helpful for your insurance company. Many companies require that you report damage caused by a hit-and-run accident within 24 hours.

When dealing with a hit-and-run accident, call law enforcement and your insurance company. This will help you determine how much coverage you need to recover for any damages. Additionally, if you were not the one at fault, you can contact your insurance company and file a claim. This is especially important if the other driver was not with you.

File an uninsured motorist claim

If you have been the victim of a hit-and-run accident, you may be eligible to file an uninsured motorist claim. You will need to provide evidence that the driver of the other vehicle did not have insurance or coverage. You may also be able to file a claim against the driver of the vehicle that hit you if that driver has collision coverage.

The process of filing an uninsured motorist claim is simple. First, you need to notify your own insurance company. They will investigate the accident and will request medical records. They will also look at any other evidence to determine the value of your claim. The process can take from a few weeks to several months, depending on the severity of your injuries.

Some states have more stringent rules regarding uninsured motorist property damage coverage. Some require that the at-fault driver make contact with the other car to qualify for the claim. Other states may have higher deductibles for this type of claim.

How To Handle Hit And Run? | Montag Law Office